If you need to know how to rebuild old school muscles cars, try fixing up the car on your own before you hire a professional to help. There may be some things that you need a professional for, however the more you do on your own the less you will have to pay for outside assistance on old school muscle cars. It is easier if you have a garage where you can park the car, so you can spread out the materials that you need to use during the repairs.
Things You May Need:
- Various replacement car parts
- Tool kit
- Make a list of what needs to be fixed under the hood of old school muscle cars. Inspect the car to see what needs replacing, such as the battery, spark plugs, filters, hoses, belts or anything else that you need to fix. Since it may cost a good bit of money to rebuild old school muscle cars, you may want to fix the less expensive items first, so you can at least make some progress.
- Go over the interior of old school muscle cars. See if the upholstery can be saved, or if you will have to replace the material. Look for tears in the ceiling and carpeting as well. Make sure the seat belts work, and that the instrument lights go on. If you want to replace the sound system, you may be able to get away with just installing new speakers, which will save you a few bucks.
- Check out the exterior when you rebuild old school muscle cars. If the fenders, hood or bumpers need work, determine if you can complete the job on your own or if you need a body shop to help. You may also want to get an estimate on a new paint job. Make sure the headlights, taillights and turn signals all work, or replace the bulbs. If a light still does not work, you may have an issue with the wiring that needs addressing.
- Change the tires if necessary. When you rebuild old school muscle cars, you want the tires to be in good shape for when you are displaying your car on the road. Replace the rims if necessary, or upgrade them. You may also need to get the wheels balanced or have the car aligned.
- Look underneath the car. See what needs to be fixed, such as the muffler or shocks. If you cannot rebuild old school muscles cars yourself, get a friend to give you a hand or take the car to a mechanic to finish up the repairs.