- How To Remove Password Protection On Blackberry 8700
- How To Enable Java On A Blackberry 8320
- How To Remove A Password From A Blackberry 8800
- How To Text On A BlackBerry Storm
- How To Get Backgrounds For The Blackberry Storm
- How To Configure Text Settings On The Nokia 6126
- How To Remove Profile From Nokia Phone
How To Receive MMS Messages On Iphone 2g
Anyone who still uses their iPhone 2G might be wondering how to receive MMS messages on the iPhone 2G. Apple released version 3.0 of the firmware, which enabled MMS for all the newer models, leaving iPhone 2G owners in the dark. There is no way to properly receive MMS messages on the iPhone 2G without jailbreaking the iPhone. Most users already have their iPhone 2G jailbroken, and if you are one of them, you too can enjoy the great features of MMS.
To receive MMS messages on the iPhone 2G, you will need:
- An internet connection
- An iPhone 2G, jailbroken
- Firmware 3.0 or higher
- Open Cydia. From the home screen of your iPhone 2G, select the brown Cydia icon. On the bottom bar of Cydia, select "Search."
- Search for ActivateMMS2G. Type in "ActivateMMS2G" and allow Cydia to search for the package. It should appear in the list on your iPhone 2G in Cydia.
- Select ActivateMMS2G. Tap the ActivateMMS2G package to select it. You will be taken to a new screen.
- Install ActivateMMS2G. In the top right corner, press "Modify." In the top left corner, select "Install." Allow the package to fully install.
- Return to the home screen. Once the package finishes installing, press the home button to return to the home screen.
- Configure settings. From the home screen, tap "Settings." Tap "General" and then "Network" and finally "Cellular." Add the MMS info for your carrier; if you are on AT&T search for the MMS settings on the internet or simply call AT&T.
- Test MMS. Test the MMS capability on your iPhone 2G. It will work just as it does on the newer iPhone 3G and 3GS. Have someone send you an MMS to your iPhone 2G to be sure.
Your iPhone 2G must be on firmware 3.0 or higher. You will be able to receive MMS on your iPhone 2G over both Edge and Wi-Fi. You may need to add a repository to Cydia on your iPhone 2G to find ActivateMMS2G. Currently the iSpazio repository hosts the ActivateMMS2G package, among others.
Posted on: Jun. 23, 2010