Mononucleosis is an infectious disease spread through saliva, so if you are kissing anyone you need to know hot to recognize a Mononucleosis rash and other symptoms. Mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein Barr virus and can take twi months or more to recover from. The symptoms include white patches on the throat, sore throat, flu symptoms, extreme fatigue, and a red blotchy rash.
To recognize a Mononucleosis rash, you will need:
- Hand mirror
- Symptoms of Mononucleosis. Understanding the symptoms of Mononucleosis will make it possible to detect this infectious disease in yourself and in the person who exposed you. The most common symptoms of Mononucleosis are intense flu like symptoms including high fever, muscle aches, intense fatigue, headache, sore throat with white patches on the throat, yellowing of the eyes or skin, swollen lymph glands especially in the back of the neck, under arms, and in the groin, swollen spleen, and a bright red blotchy rash on all or parts of the body.
- Identifying a Mononucleosis rash. It is not difficult to recognize a Mononucleosis rash. Look for a bright red rash that looks similar to measles. The rash may have tiny red spots or areas that look like bruises anywhere on the body including the roof of the mouth. Use a hand held mirror and a flashlight to check your entire body and inside your mouth, especially at the palate (roof of the mouth) for rash.
- What to do if you think you have Mononucleosis. Begin by taking your temperature. Mononucleosis produces fever as high as 104 degrees. Check your throat for white patches near the tonsils. Feel your lymph glands at the throat, back of the neck, under arms, and groin area for swelling. Feel the upper left abdomen for swelling of the spleen. If you have these symptoms call the doctor. Mononucleosis is a virus that is unreceptive to antibiotics but the doctor will give you instruction on how to take care of your body until the Mononucleosis is gone.
Tips and Warnings:
- Follow the doctor’s instructions to the letter, drink as much water as you can hold, and get as much rest as possible to avoid prolonging the symptoms.
- Do not ignore the symptoms of Mononucleosis and attempt to work through this disease. Your body needs care and treatment to avoid serious complications.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.