How To Recognize An Online Sex Addiction
How to recognize an online sex addiction is just as real as any type of addiction, it is a problem despite it happening in the home and behind closed doors. It affects relationships, family, and friends and may mask personal issues that might be unresolved. Read these signs to see if you have addiction and ways to cure it.
- Posting personal ads. To recognize an online sex addiction, you make a habit posting ads online hooking up with random women in hopes to get a quick fix, whether through sexual intercourse or oral sex. You might even pay for escort services and use these services to find sex companions for the evening. This addiction happens frequently and you find yourself spending more time online hooking up for sex than for anything else.
- Scouring chat rooms. Chatroom sex is alternative to phone sex, except exchanging texts to each other describing fantasies you want to do through the computer. This addiction classified as cyber sex as you keep logging on, perhaps hours a day in hopes to seek a thrill and engaged in sexual conversations with someone you had never met.
- Distant from your significant other. It can become a huge problem when online sex addition is an obstacle between you and your woman. It may even lower her self-confidence that you find comfort in participating in these actions and ceasing all sexual activity with her. If you find your relationship becomes straining, your addiction is worse than you thought.
- Exposure to children. If you have children, it is not only disrespectful to your partner, but your children as well as they are expose to your addiction in indirect ways; accidentally stumbled on a website you forgot to close down (sex chat rooms, pornography, etc) or the children overhear the fights between you and their mother.
- Replace regular activities. Gradually you distance yourself from family, friends and all social interactions and spend most of the day and night on sex-related websites, such as pornography. It may affect your finance if subscribing to those websites constantly in need to your quick fix daily.
Tip: Get help. The first step to curing your online sex addition is to recognize it is real and the amount of stress you put through family and friends with your withdrawal behavior. There are online groups and local sex anonymous sessions you can attend to get help and live a functional normal life again.