You may want to learn how to recognize the symptoms of Chlamydia in men if you are sexually active. Before being able to recognize the symptoms of Chlamydia you should understand exactly what Chylamydia is. It is a sexually transmitted disease that is caused by a bacteria called Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is treated with antibiotics but can easily reoccur or never completely go away if the treatment is completed as instructed.
To recognize the symptoms of Chlamydia in men, you will need to look for:
- Frequency or pain in urination
- Discharge. Many people with Chlamydia do not display any symptoms so it is easy for sexual partners to transfer it from one person to the next without even realizing it. A discharge from the penis is one of the symptoms men may encounter when having Chlamydia. The discharge can appear to be a green yellow color or a cloudy white discharge.
- Urination. Even without a discharge a man with Chlamydia can experience an itching or burning sensation around the opening of the penis. Frequent urination or burning during urination may also occur as a symptom of Chlamydia in a man. Pain in the testicles can also be a symptoms of Chlamydia in a man although it is uncommon.
- Anal/Oral Chlamydia. It is also possible to get a Chlamydia infection in the rectum during anal sex. Symptoms to look for in rectal Chlamydia are a discharge, rectal pain and bleeding. Oral sex with an infected partner can also lead to oral or throat Chlamydia.
- Health Problems. Even though Chlamydia is easily treated it can lead to other health problems if left untreated or if treatment is not completed. Untreated Chlamydia symptoms can lead to infertility, epididymitis, or prostatitis.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …