Looking to save a few dollars by learning how to recondition your car battery? Look no further. This step-by-step tutorial will help you to recondition a car battery the safe and correct way.
Things You Will Need:
- Safety goggles
- Distilled water
- Epsom salts
- Three-phase charger
- Nonmetallic container
- Rubber gloves
- In order to recondition a car battery, you have to put safety first. You should wear safety goggles and rubber gloves while working on the battery. It is also important to work in a well-ventilated area. You should also scout out a good location to put the contents of the battery once they are removed.
- After putting on your safety goggles and rubber gloves, remove the car battery. To remove the car battery, you should loosen the battery cables with a wrench. The battery should be placed in an area that is idea for reconditioning the car battery.
- Remove the cell caps from the car battery. To recondition the car battery, you have to access the inside of the battery. Most cell caps can be removed without using any tools. If the cell caps are sealed, simply use a drill to enter the entry points that are marked on the top of the battery.
- Pour the contents of the battery into a nonmetallic container. Be sure to wear your rubber gloves when doing this. The contents of the battery can cause serious skin irritation. After pouring the car battery's contents into a container, place the container in a spot that is not easily accessible.
- In another container, mix together Epsom salts and distilled water. A good mixture would consist 7 ounces of Epsom salts and a quart of water. It is important to completely dissolve the salts in the water.
- Pour the mixture into the car battery to recondition it. If you need to mix more Epsom salts and water, be sure to keep the same proportions.
- Attach a three-phase charger to the car battery and leave it to charge overnight. The charger can be picked up at your local auto parts store. Read the directions that accompany the charger before hooking it up to the car battery.
- Once you have reconditioned the car battery, reconnect the battery to the car. After a week, recharge the battery to complete the process of reconditioning.
Reconditioning the battery is not only a money saver, but it will also extend the life of your car battery.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.