How To Recover From Testicular Trauma
If you have sustained an injury to your testicles, you will need to know how to recover from testicular trauma. Your testicles are susceptible to a variety of injuries and traumas due to the fact that they loosely hang close to the body, and men generally do not wear a protective cup on their private parts on a daily basis. Other organs of your body have protection from bones and muscles, however, the testicles do not. By following these steps, you can learn how to effectively treat your testicular trauma.
Things you will need to recover from testicular trauma include:
- Physical examination
- Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication
- Pain Medication
- Scrotal supporter
1. See your doctor. Before you can recover from testicular trauma, you need to see your doctor. Your doctor needs to determine the cause of your testicular trauma and how extensive it is.
2. Take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication. These medications can help you recover from testicular trauma, as they relieve pain and swelling. It is important that you check with your doctor before taking these medications because they might interact with medications that you are currently taking.
3. Try a pain medication. Over-the-counter pain medication can help you recover from testicular trauma. If over-the-counter medication is not effective in treating your pain, ask your doctor to prescribe a stronger analgesic. Take note that prescription pain medication is frequently codeine based, which can have significant side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness and confusion. Never drive or operate machinery while taking codeine based medications and only take them when you need them.
4. Try antibiotics. If your testicular trauma is a result of an infection, your doctor will prescribe antibiotics. Antibiotics will help you recover from testicular trauma by resolving your infection. As your infection subsides, your symptoms will be relieved.
5. Wear a jock strap or scrotal supporter as this will help you recover from testicular trauma. Supporting your testicles can relieve pain and heaviness, while taking pressure off the supporting ligaments. Make sure you wear the proper size and make sure that the material does not further irritate your skin.