How To Recover A Word Document
You want to know how to recover a word document, and you'll be happy to know there are several ways to do this. However, many people are not aware that it is so simple. There are many occasions in which people get very angry with their computers when they lose something important due to a crash or a virus, or something of the kind. However, recovering a word doc is as simple as following these guidelines.
- First, check the Word program. Some of the newer operating systems offer an auto-recover function that will automatically save a document every three seconds just in case the unthinkable happens. However, for older computers or for more serious crashes, this may not work.
- Look in the Recycle Bin. There are some situations in which a document was simple deleted pre-maturely. In this case, it can easily be recovered from the recycle bin.
- If the file cannot be recovered one of these ways, you can try using Word Recovery. This is a program from Word that helps recover document files that have been lost to more serious situations.
- Try a system restore if this doesn’t work. Though a system restore is not suppose to touch your documents, sometimes it does, so try reversing this or initiating this to retrieve some files.
- If the computer itself is damaged, you may need to consult a professional. There are some situations in which it can be dangerous to try and recover filed off a computer that is damaged. However, you may be able to remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer; however, this involves tampering with the hardware and is not something that you should try first.
If all else fails, you can try giving it to a professional, but this can be costly. You should first exhaust all of the options before resorting to going to a professional to recover your Word document.