How To Recover XP
You must be having problems if you need to know how to recover XP. To recover XP is not hard but it does take time and patience. You use a Recovery Console and this article will show you how to start it up. Hopefully after you finish this article you will no longer be having problems with your computer.
- You will need the XP installation CD that came with your computer. Put this CD in the CD drive and reboot your computer.
- You will see a Welcome to Setup screen. Next you need to press "R" to start the Recovery Console.
- It will ask you which installation you would like to recover. If you only have one windows installation type 1 and press the "Enter" key. If you have more than one Windows installations then choose the correct one and press the "Enter" key.
- You will then be asked for an Administrator password. Unless you changed it this is empty by default so just press "Enter."
- Now you should see C:\windows on your screen. You can now start to use the Recovery Console for Windows XP.
That is how you recover XP. Once you are in the recovery console you can type "Help" at the prompt to get a list of prompts you can use. It is very important that you backup everything on your computer before you attempt anything like this. You can easily lose data during a recovery and especially if you repair XP. Hopefully after you recover XP you will have a working computer.