How To Register Marriage
Have you ever wondered how to register marriage? If you have, then look no further. It is really very simple to do. Here are the basic tips. All you need to do is know where the local court house is.
- Various states require you to get a blood test. They do this to ensure that any children that you have will not have a recessive gene in them. That is what happens when related people have children. You can do that just about anywhere. Take the results of that test to the local court house in your county and turn that in.
- When you turn in the blood test, fill out the application for marriage. At that time, you will give them information about you and your bride. Fill that out and turn that in.
- Pay the fee for registering your marriage. That can vary by location. Typically, it runs about $35.00 to register your marriage. Make sure to hold on to that certificate. Once you do that, then you are really and truly married. Many people are not aware of that fact.
- When the day of the wedding arrives you just have the witnesses sign the marriage license and date it. Then you keep that safe. Take that with you to your wedding. Have the best man hold on to it for you until the time comes to sign it.
- Go back to the courts and turn that into the court house. The civil division is where that should be done. It will be the same place where you paid for your marriage license. That is all you have to do to register your marriage.
Posted on: Dec. 15, 2010