How To Register A Prepaid MasterCard Account
Need to know how to register a prepaid MasterCard account? Prepaid credit card accounts can provide a new level of convenience and spending control for some, and registering your prepaid MasterCard account is easy. It will only take you a few steps to register your account, and then you will be able to use your prepaid MasterCard for whatever purchases you need to make.
To register a prepaid MasterCard account, you will need:
- A prepaid MasterCard
- The directions that come with your prepaid MasterCard
- Internet access
- A telephone
- You can call the phone number on your prepaid MasterCard and have a representative help you register your card. The representative will ask you a few questions about your card, like the card number, the CVG number and the expiration date. He will ask you for other personal information if you want to send money from your bank account to your new MasterCard. This step is often up to you. The disadvantage of this method of registration is you will have to call the representative every time you want to do something with your prepaid MasterCard. This could be time consuming and inconvenient.
- Go to the website linked below to register your prepaid MasterCard. The website information should also be included with your new card. Often, the web address is on the back of the prepaid card. If not, it will be on the paperwork you received when you bought the card. At the site, you will have to type in the card number to register your prepaid MasterCard. You will also type in the CVG number and the expiration date of your new card. Often, you will have to reveal your name and add it to your account. You will have the option to recharge your MasterCard with funds from your bank account.
- You will have to type in your name, address, phone number and bank account information to recharge your MasterCard online. This will allow you to go to your account to send more money to your prepaid MasterCard.
- To access the website, you will have to come up with a login name and provide your email address. The website will ask you to confirm your account through an email it will send to your address. It will either send you a password for your account or ask you to set up your own password. Once you have finished this step, your prepaid MasterCard account is registered.
- Use your card like a real MasterCard. It is a real MasterCard, after all. The only difference is you are not borrowing any money from the credit card company. The money you spend comes out of your own bank account. The money you spend through your prepaid MasterCard is your money.