Learning how to regrout bathroom tile is a very simple task and can change your bathroom drastically. Old grout or even damage grout can leave your bathroom with a very unappealing ambiance. Not to mention when grout mildews it starts to present a health hazard. Regrouting your bathroom tiles is not only easy but it’s very inexpensive and can give your bathroom a completely new look.
To regrout your bathroom tiles you will need:
- Mildew remover
- Grout saw
- Grout sealer
- Tile sponge
- Grout float
- Choose a grout color. If you are only fixing a small area of grout you will want to match the grout to the existing color. If you are regrouting the entire bathroom, you will want to find a complimentary color to the tiles.
- Scrub all the tiles and grout with a bathroom cleaner that is compatible with tiles and grout.
- With the grout saw, saw along all the grout lines. Use the chisel to remove any remaining grout.
- If there are any remaining loose pieces of grout you can vacuum along the tiles to remove the grout. If you notice any loose tiles. You will want to glue them back in place prior to regrouting the tiles.
- Mix the grout according to the manufactures directions.
- Spread the grout and use the grout float to smooth the grout into the groves. You will want to use the float to press the grout into all the empty spaces between the tiles.
- Using a damp sponge wipe over the tiles to remove grout from tiles.
- Wait three days, and then seal the grout using the grout sealer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …