How To Relieve Heartburn
Learning how to relieve heartburn is important to anyone who has ever suffered from it. Heartburn is usually caused by eating acidic foods, but there may be many other contributing factors. Heartburn is felt as pain or burning in the chest, and many times mistaken for a heart attack.
To learn how to relieve heartburn, you will need:
- Grated ginger root
- Unsulphered black strap molasses
- Most people say that they experience heartburn after eating spicy foods. The trick is to write down what you ate before you had the heartburn and don't eat it again. You can experiment with foods by eating more slowly, or drinking more water with your meal.
- Another trick in learning how to relieve heartburn is to make a tea of hot water and grated ginger root to ease the symptoms. Ginger helps relax the muscles of the esophagus, so stomach acid doesn't get pushed up.
- As we age, our bodies may not produce enough hydrochloric acid. This is the acid that breaks down the food so that it can be digested. Sipping on a tea made from hot water and a tablespoon of black strap molasses is an easy way to create hydrochloric acid. Drink this great tasting tea with your meals.
- When learning how to relieve heartburn, many people swear by vinegar as a cure. Mix a tablespoon of vinegar with juice and drink it when you feel the heartburn coming on
- Drinking a large glass of pure water will usually stop heartburn in its tracks. The water rinses the acid out of the esophagus and back into the stomach.
- Learning how to relieve heartburn means never lying down or even reclining after a meal. Gravity will push that stomach acid right up into the esophagus and sometimes even into the throat. Persistent heartburn such as this can cause ulcers over time.
When learning how to relieve heartburn, see your doctor if symptoms continue or worsen.
How to Eliminate Heartburn?