If you are feeling pressure on your left nostril, you probably wish to find out how to relieve pressure on your left nostril. Luckily, there are some simple ways in which you can relieve pressure on the left nostril and you can usually do it fairly quickly.
- First, start with the easiest way to relive pressure on the left nostril. Run some hot water into a bowl or into your sink. Place a clean wash cloth into the water. Wring out any access water and quickly place the wash cloth directly over the outside of your left nostril. The heat from the cloth can help reduce the pressure quickly. You may repeat this action several times until you begin to find major relief. If you find that your wash cloth is becoming cold too quickly you could also try applying a heating pad to the outside of your left nostril and your left side of your face. Make sure your face, nose and hands are completely dry before you begin to mess with the heating pad. Also make sure that you do not allow yourself to fall asleep with this on your face or you might awake with a severe burn.
- If the heat does not work, your next step to trying to relieve pressure on the left nostril should be steam. Place a pan of water onto your stove and allow it to begin to boil. Once the boiling begins, place the water into a bowl and set the bowl onto a table. Now sit down at the table and cover your head with a towel as you begin to lean over the bowl. The steam should still be rising from the bowl of water. Slowly, breathe in the steam. This should help loosen the pressure of your left nostril. Some people have also found that it helps to add a little bit of peppermint or eucalyptus into the water as it boiling to help open their nostrils up even faster.
- If these two tips do not work, you may want to try some simple saline drops. These can be purchased at all pharmacies and most major department stores.
- Your last resort may be to take some decongestant medication. This can be bought over the counter or by prescription.
- If none of the methods above help to relieve the pressure on your left nostril, you may want to make an appointment with your physician to see what is causing the pressure in the first place.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …