When you know how to relieve sinus pressure, you can learn one of the many valuable strategies to deal with this occasional annoyance. Sinus pressure can be triggered by seasonal allergies. Therefore, springtime is a time that has many people suffering from sinus pressure and allergies. There are even certain foods that can trigger sinus pressure symptoms. Many highly processed foods contain chemicals that are not entirely digested by the body. These chemicals then accumulate in the body and can cause the allergies to flare up. There is also the overproduction of phlegm that occurs in mucous membranes and sinus cavities.
To relieve sinus pressure, you will need:
- Wash Cloth
How to Relieve Sinus Pressure
- Take a Sudafed or other over the counter sinus medication. This will help to help clear up the sinus cavities and clear up congestion
- Place hot rags in the microwave for about 45 seconds to a minute depending on the voltage of the microwave. Make sure the rag is steamy, but not scalding hot.
- Place the rag over the face and massage the sinus cavities under the eyes, in between the eye brows–just below the eyebrows–on both sides of the nose, and on both sides of the nose near the nostrils. Breathe in the hot air from the washcloth. You will know that the stuffiness you are experiencing is from the sinuses because often these cavities will be sore or swollen. The hot rags help to loosen the congestion in these areas.
- Avoid using any products, such as colognes, paints or anything that gives off fumes. These can often cause sinus pressure symptoms to flare up or make them worse.
- You may also want to change your bedding sheets and air filter in your home. Often sinus problems can be attributed to dust or unhealthy air quality in your home.
- If you can exercise, clean the house–anything to get the circulation flowing. Often sinus problems may be contributed to a build up of phlegm in the body. Moving around helps to get the blood pumping and can help loosen this congestion.
- Drink Plenty of Water. Not only is water a great way to hydrate your body, but it will also increase the circulation in the body and help clear up excess congestion.
Follow these tips whenever you have problems with congestion and you can learn how to relieve sinus pressure.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.