How To Remove Antivirus Live
Want to know how to remove antivirus live? So I'm sure you've been browsing the internet, and come across a strange looking pop-up that claims to be scanning your computer. This can be very deceiving and dangerous to your computer. "Antivirus Live" uses Trojan viruses and malware to enter your computer to "scan" it for viruses. Man, those nerds have made a virus out of an antivirus. What'll they do next? Who knows, but what you're about to know is how to remove that bugger, and save your computer.
You'll need to download:
- Possibly other malware removal software
- Boot your computer in Safe Mode. You'll need to reboot your computer, and as soon as it starts to restart, tap "F8" until a black screen appears. Select the option "Safe Mode with Networking", and hit enter. "Safe Mode" starts your computer while running only core files, so nothing interferes with the programs you run.
- Fix your internet connections. Antivirus Live blocks all incoming connections, so when you try to surf the web, it just opens a "System Checkup". Open Internet Explorer, and select the "Tools" menu. In the drop bar, find "Internet Options", and click on it. Once you have "Internet Options" runninng, select the "Connections" tab. In the "Connections" menu, there should be a button that says "LAN settings." Click on that. All this will bring you to the final destination. In your "LAN settings", there should be a box and the bottom that is checked for "Use a proxy server for your LAN". Deselect that box, and click "OK." You aren't done yet!
- Download RKill. After you've closed "Internet Options", you should be able to browse the internet on "Safe Mode." Now you should download a (real) antispyware program called RKill. After it is done downloading, run it. An alert might pop up telling you that RKill is an infection. That is actually a trick by Antivirus Live to prevent you from opening any programs that could remove it from your computer. Silly malware, you know we're smarter than that! Leave the alert open, and re-open RKill. Leaving the window open should allow you to bypass it.
- Download Anti-malware. Once you've got all that done, you'll need to download a program called Malwarebytes. Once you've downloaded and installed it, run it, and select "Scan." This process will scan your whole PC for malware, so it may take a while. While you're waiting, you can watch some funny videos at Break.com! When it's done, it will show you all of the malware it has found on your computer. All boxes beside the items will be checked. Go down to "Remove Selected Items", and click it. You should be malware-free! Close out of Malwarebytes, and reboot your PC in normal mode. You should be without any fake antiviruse malware now, but if you still aren't, and you're having trouble using your internet, try downloading another malware removal program. It could find what Malwarebytes didn't.
Now you're all set! Your computer is clean and you're ready to browse!