How To Remove Av Security Suite
You can easily learn how to remove AV Security Suite from your computer. AV Security Suite is a nasty virus that disguises itself as an antivirus. This fake antivirus can infect your whole PC and reap havoc in your system. AV Security Suite will scan your system and tell you there is a virus. It will then ask for your credit card number so it can update and remove the non-existent virus. Buying the software does nothing, since it is all bogus. AV Security Suite will change the settings on your computer without your knowledge. AV Security Suite must be removed as soon as possible.
You will need:
- Antivirus software
- Malware removal tools
- Call your bank if you fell for it and paid for the software. AV Security Suite is a scam to steal money. If you put your card info into the pop up, you will need to inform your bank.
- Restart your computer. Click Start or Windows. Click on the arrow next to the shutdown button. You should see restart in that menu. Click on it.
- Safe mode with networking. When you see the Windows boot screen, hit F8 until the boot menu appears. The boot screen will ask you to hit F8 for setup. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking and hit Enter.
- Configure Internet Explorer settings. Double click Internet Explorer. You may get a 404 or networking error due to AV Security Suite. Go to Internet Options in the Internet Explorer Tools menu. You will be able to access the Tools menu through both the Menu and Command Bar from any open Internet Explorer window. Click on the Connections tab. Click LAN Settings on the lower portion of that tab. Uncheck the proxy server checkmark and hit the Okay button.
- End AV Security Suite processes. Now that the proxy is disabled, you can now use the web. Navigate to the RKill website and download the program. Run RKill, it will stop any processes related to AV Security Suite.
- Download and run a malware removal tool. Proceed to download a malware removal tool. Some popular antimalware programs are Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool and Malwarebytes. Double click on the icon for the malware removal tool. Once the program has loaded, click on run to scan your computer. It should detect and remove AV Security Suit from your computer.
- Run antivirus software. When the anti-malware software removes AV Security Suite, run your antivirus. Doing so will clear up anything else that is going on with your PC.
- Restart computer. Restarting the computer after an infection is removed is crucial. This will help your computer recover and finish removing any leftover files or registry components.
- Download and run CCleaner. CCleaner is a tool that removes software and cleans registry components. Running CCleaner will remove any leftover registry files from AV Security Suite.
Tips and warnings:
- If you are unable to download an anti-malware program after changing the proxy settings, try changing them again. Also, check to make sure you are in safe mode with networking. If you still have no luck you can download the programs to another computer, burn them to a CD, and then install them from the CD to the infected PC.
- If you do not feel computer savvy enough to remove AV Security Suite yourself, you may want to get a professional to help you. You can take your PC to a computer shop or get help remotely from a company online.