Need to learn how to remove the back seats in a 2002 PT Cruiser? A 2002 PT Cruiser's back seats may need to be removed if you want more room in your vehicle. Whether you are hauling equipment or just appreciate having the extra storage capacity in your car, removing the back seats is a relatively easy procedure. Although it is entirely possible to remove the back seats yourself, having someone to help lift the seats makes the job much easier. Follow these steps to remove the back seats from your 2002 PT Cruiser.
To remove the back seats from a 2002 PT Cruiser, you will need:
- Your 2002 PT Cruiser
- A partner to help you lift (optional)
- Push the seat-unlock button and lower the back seat. The button is on the right side of the seat, near the top. Press the button in and push the entire seat back down. Note that the seat does not split, therefore it folds down as a solid unit.
- Press the seat cushion release lever and then lift the back of the seat upward. This lever is on the right side of the rear seat, near the bottom.
- Open the rear hatch of the PT Cruiser. Note that you must remove the rear seat through the rear hatch because of its size.
Depress the two release levers at the bottom rear of the seat. Note that there are two release levers and you must depress both simultaneously to unlock the seat.
- Extract the seat from the rear cargo hatch of your 2002 PT Cruiser. Note that you need to continue to depress the release levers until the bottom clips are free. Have someone assist you in removing the seat if you are having trouble lifting it yourself.
- Place the seat in a safe location where it will not become damaged, stolen or lost. Replace the seat in your 2002 PT Cruiser by following these instructions in reverse.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …