You want to know how to remove a basketball metal pole. Taking down a basketball metal basketball pole is a lot of hard work. An individual can do the work, but it will take some time and effort. It is always best to have a helper when you remove a basketball metal pole.
Things You Will Need
- A metal cutting power saw or sawzall
- A shovel
- A ladder
- Leather gloves
- Call a friend up to help you remove the basketball metal pole. You can do this job yourself, but it would be better to have a helper. Your friend can spot you while you are climbing the ladder and working on the top part of the basketball metal pole.
- Take your ladder and move it up to the basketball pole. Grab a wrench and climb up the ladder. If your friend is with you, have him/her spot you as you are working. Remove the net, backboard, and all of the upper pieces of your basketball metal pole. Spray WD40 on the bolts if needed.
- Take your metal cutting power saw and cut the basketball pole in half. Take that piece of pole and discard it. Take your metal cutting power saw and cut the basketball pole near the ground. Take that piece of pole and discard it. You may need to use the sledgehammer to knock the pole off. Hit the pole until it breaks.
- Remove the cement bottom out of the ground. Use the sledgehammer to break up the concrete. Use the shovel to dislodge pieces of the concrete from the ground. Have your helper help you remove all the concrete out of the ground. Fill the hole back in with dirt. You may have to buy dirt from the store to fill the hole. This is optional.
- Take all the materials to the dump and get rid of them. You do not want all of the pieces of the basketball pole sitting in your yard. The broken up basketball pole will be sharp and can easily injure somebody. Plant a tree in the area where the basketball pole used to be. Give back this part of the earth back to nature.
- Make safety your number one priority. Have a friend as your helper or spotter.
- Be careful with the cut basketball, it will be hot and the edges will be sharp.
- Make sure you get rid of the basketball pole, parts, and cement immediately.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …