Do you need to know how to remove calcium deposits from things in your home? Calcium deposits and calcium build up cause stains in sinks, bath tubs, toilets and pipes. There are a lot of products on the market that can get rid of hard water stains. However, why spend all that money when you have what you need right at home already? This is less costly and saves trips to the store buying products that might not work. Here are a few tips you can use to remove hard water stains and deposits in and around your home.
- Vinegar is a great hard water stain remover. Use one part vinegar and one part water to remove stains in tubs, sinks, etc. Vinegar is also great for cleaning out your coffee pot.
- Use vinegar to clean calcium deposits from faucets. Soak your paper towel in vinegar. Wrap it around the faucet for an hour or so and then remove. This eliminates stains and deposits on your faucets.
- To clean calcium deposits from your drains, use baking soda and vinegar. Pour a small amount of vinegar into your drain, then drop a teaspoon of baking soda in. Let sit for five minutes and run the water. Your pipes are now free from deposits.
- Try using a commercial cleaning product to remove calcium buildup. Sometimes you'll need more than a home remedy. Mix a solution according to the instructions for the product you purchased. Next, pour it into the pipes. Make sure the chemical does not get into a holding tank.
- Take apart your shower heads to clean calcium deposits from them. Remove the shower heads and clean with vinegar and water. Put them back together and run the water to ensure the shower head is free from deposits.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...