If you are wondering how to remove the clear coat on aluminum motorcycle parts there are a variety of products available to the general public. Using different products will result in different methods being needed to remove the clear coat on aluminum motorcycle parts. Make sure to wear gloves and other protective equipment while using any of these products. Use any product in a well ventilated area.
To remove the clear coat on aluminum motorcycle parts you will need:
- rags or paper towels
- removal product
- steel wool or scraper
- Remove aluminum motorcycle parts. Remove all aluminum from the motorcycle to avoid the possibility of removing paint from your motorcycle. Place all aluminum parts a far distance from the bike.
- Clean all the aluminum motorcycle parts. Use water, mild cleaner and a rag to remove debris, dirt and grease from the aluminum. Dry the aluminum before proceeding with your removal product.
- Try Permatex Gasket Remover. Spray Permatex on aluminum motorcycle parts you would like the clear coat removed from. Remove aluminum motorcycle parts as this product will remove paint as well. Allow two to three minutes to bubble up. Scrape the aluminum motorcycle part with a scraper. Use paper towels or soft cloths to wipe remaining clear coat. Reapply, wipe and rescrape as needed.
- Try SuperStrip. SuperStrip can be found in hardware stores. Follow instructions on the package. Use outdoors or in a well ventilated area to remove the clear coat on aluminum motorcycle parts.
- Try Easy-Off oven cleaner. Spray on and leave sit for a few minutes. Use steel wool to scrub the clear coat off of the aluminum motorcycle parts. Rinse with water.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.