Need to know how to remove coffee stains from cotton? Most people cannot function without their morning cup of coffee. What they can do without are the damaging stains that spilled coffee can make. Often, after your morning cup of Joe, you will find yourself trying to remove coffee stains from your cotton clothing.
What You Will Need to Remove Coffee Stains From Cotton:
- Clean Cloth
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Dry-Cleaning Solvent
Clean Dry Cloth
- Saturate the coffee stain in your cotton fabric with water. Use the clean cloth to make sure the area of the coffee stain is thoroughly covered with water.
- Make a solution of dishwashing liquid and water. The solution should be 32 parts water to 1 part soap.
- Dab the cleaning solution on to the coffee stained cotton fabric. Take care to only place the solution on the coffee stained area.
- Rub the coffee stained area lightly. You do not want to rub harshly as this will affect the fibers of the cotton fabric.
- Blot the solution saturated area with your dry cloth. The stain should appear to have disappeared or be very faint.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 if the stain is still visible. You may need to do those steps several times to remove the stain completely.
Dab the coffee stained cotton fabric with a dry-cleaning solvent if the stain is not removed using the dishwashing liquid solution. The dry-cleaning solution is particularly helpful for coffee stains containing milk. Rub the coffee stained area until the stain disappears completely.
- Rub lightly the coffee stained area.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.