If you're an avid coffee drinker, you may want to know how to remove coffee stains from teeth. There are many ways to do this, from natural remedies like baking soda and eating crunchy fruits and vegetables, to bleaching kits and taking a trip to the dentist. No matter which methods you choose, your teeth are sure to lighten by at least a few shades.
- Baking soda
- Small dish
- Toothpaste (whitening)
- Bleaching kit (trays or strips)
- Plenty of crunchy fruits and veggies (optional)
- Drink water after consuming coffee. This helps to reduce the coffee's contact with your teeth. The less time it spends on your teeth, the less of a chance it has to stain them further.
- Eat plenty of crunchy fruits and vegetables throughout the day. The fibers in them will act as mini toothbrushes, scrubbing away coffee and other surface stains as you chew. The increased production of saliva will aid in the breakdown of stain-causing pigments and sugars.
- Brush your teeth at least three times a day. If possible, brush them immediately after you consume coffee. In addition to your regular brushing routine, you should add baking soda for a natural whitening and abrasive boost. Floss your teeth each time you brush.
- Pour a small amount of baking soda into a small dish. After you apply your toothpaste to your toothbrush, dip it into the baking soda to coat the toothpaste. Brush your teeth with this once a day. Don't brush too hard, and limit this to twice a week so you don't weaken your tooth enamel. Concentrate on areas with the most stains, like behind your front teeth.
- Purchase a tooth whitening kit from most drug or retail stores. Follow the instructions on the kit you choose. Whitening strips are easy to use, and are great for people on the go, but they often cost more. Kits with gel and trays are a little messier, but work well and are usually more inexpensive than the trays. Make sure to use them as directed, as overuse may cause tooth sensitivity or damage to the gums.
One of the best ways to remove coffee stains from teeth is to reduce or eliminate consumption of the beverage. When possible, use a straw to drink coffee, tea, wine, and dark sodas to prevent any future staining. For the best whitening, have your teeth cleaned and whitened at the dentist. There are many bleaching and light processes that work right away to lighten your teeth several shades.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.