Need to know how to remove a crank bolt on a Honda V6? The crank bolt holds the harmonic balancer in place from the crankshaft pulley to the crankshaft on the Honda V6 engine. The balancer is a pulley that keeps the crankshaft from failing while the engine runs because it mutes the resonance from the engine. Occasionally the crankshaft pulley bolt gets stuck on the crankshaft pulley, and this requires that the crank bolt on a Honda V6 be removed. Your Honda V6's crank bolt can be removed easily by following the proper steps.
To remove the crank bolt on a Honda V6, you will need:
- A crankshaft pulley removal tool
- An air compressor with impact wrench
- Penetrating oil
- Hold the pulley in place. Take the crankshaft pulley tool and place it on the end of the crankshaft pulley bolt. This will hold the pulley in place and allow you to turn the crank bolt on the Honda V6. Make sure that you maneuver the tool so that it fits over the head of the bolt correctly. You want the arms of the tool to be able to grab the pulley to prevent it from being able to turn.
- Set the pressure of the air compressor. Plug in the air compressor and turn it on. Set the air compressor at the highest setting possible. You need to be able to generate as much force as possible.
- Set up the air compressor. Attach the air hose to the compressor. Next, use the quick connect to lock on the end of the air compressor hose to connect to the air inlet and the locking mechanism. Set your wrench properly so that it turns counterclockwise.
- Soak the crank bolt with penetrating oil. Make sure you soak the surrounding area as well. This will make it easier to remove the crank bolt from your Honda V6 by loosening the corrosion on the bolt and surrounding area.
- Remove the crank bolt. Put the wrench over the end of the pulley bolt with the secured socket end of the wrench. Press the trigger on the impact wrench and work to remove the bolt off of the pulley. If needed, add additional penetrating oil to the crank bolt to continue to loosen it. Keep working this process until the crank bolt on your Honda V6 completely comes off.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.