How To Remove Dead Skin
For proper skin care, it is important to know how to remove dead skin from your body properly as to not cause scars. Dead skin cells occupy the upper layer of your skin and keep fresh cells from coming out. Eliminating dead skin can assist with reducing acne marks and other scars you might have. Remember, your skin is the largest organ your body has and, with a few simple tips, you can learn to keep your skin refreshed and healthy looking.
- Exfoliate. This is the cheapest and easiest way to remove dead skin. This sloughs off rough, dead cells, cleanses your pores and makes dry skin look fresh. Buy exfoliating cream at any local drugstore, spa or online. Place cream on skin and rinse off with spa sponge.
- Heat induced sweat. A way to remove dead skin is to find a method to open your pores and sweat it out. Visit a steam room, sauna or hot tub. If you decide to induce sweat through exercise or playing sports, be sure to take a hot shower afterwards as to not allow your open pores to get polluted, which will cause blackheads or pimples to pop up.
- Chemical Peel. Men, this method might make you feel a little self conscious, but relax; you can do it at home. You can buy a facial peel or skin peel at a drug store and follow directions. Leave peel on usually for twenty to 25 minutes before removing. If you are using a peel on your face, be sure not to smile as it can damage facial muscles.
- Microdermabrasion. You can have this done at home or at by a dermatologist. Small crystals are sprayed on the skin. You then exfoliate gently with a spa sponge. Removing dead skin through this process is noninvasive, but you have to be careful as it can feel like sandpaper on your skin.
- Dermabrasion. A surgeon does this procedure with a high-speed rotary instrument or brush to remove the outer layers of the skin. Your skin is frozen and then sanded down. This will remove all the dead skin layers off your body, but do keep in mind your skin will have a “brush burn” look for a few days or weeks depending on your body’s recovery time.
- Laser. With hi-tech spas popping up inside malls, you can now have your dead skin removed by laser. This popular way to remove dead skin can be done as you are out and about shopping. It can not get simpler than that!