Do you need to remove facial hair from the side of your face? Whether you are a man or a woman, unwanted facial hair needs to be removed. There are a few ways to be successful in your goal. Hair removal can be done permanently or temporarily.
- Electrolysis is permanent hair removal. This method must be done by a professional. Do your homework to find the best doctor to fit your personal needs. Your unwanted facial hair will be gone forever.
- Laser hair removal is permanent. This procedure must also be done by a professional. Again, research the best practitioner for you. The results will end with no more facial hair for the rest of your life.
- Bleaching your hair will give it the appearance of being gone. There are a variety of bleaching products available over the counter. When bleaching your facial hair you have to take careful precautions. Any hair near or around your eyes absolutely cannot be bleached. If beaching products get into your eyes you can be blinded. A professional in a salon will be able to provide this service or you can do it at home.
- Hair removal gels and creams are an option. You can do this from the comfort of your own home. There are a number of hair removal gels and creams to choose from. These products can be purchased at most local stores near you. Gels and creams will dissolve hair without removing it from the root. Dissolving your facial hair is painless. If you have sensitive skin, however, you may have a reaction to the product. Read directions carefully and test a spot of skin first.
- Waxing your facial hair is probably the most common way to remove hair. Waxing can be done from home with your choice of product or you can have this done professionally at a salon. Wax can be messy and gets very hot. Please be careful not to burn yourself. A professional is more expensive than "do it yourself," but is probably the safest way to wax your unwanted facial hair. Waxing hair removes it from the root and can be slightly painful, but many people go this route.
- Threading unwanted hair has become more popular. Threading is done by a professional in a salon. There is a special technique to this process. Removing hair by threading costs more than waxing, but the result is the same. Hair is removed from the root, but is done with threads pulling out hair versus wax pulling out hair.
- Buff away unwanted hair. This is done by simply rubbing away the hair. This is done at home by you. Pumice stones, emery boards and sandpaper will successfully buff away your hair. You can purchase special mitts at the store which are made especially for hair buffering. The hair on your face is more sensitive than other body hair, therefore buffering your facial hair should be done gently. No chemical products are used with this method of hair removal.
- Go safest and use the tweezers. If you are not interested in spending a lot of money to remove your facial hair or risking the possibility of being allergic to a product, just buy some tweezers and pluck the unwanted hair. Tweezing hair is the oldest method next to a razor. It stings a little when you pluck hair, but not too bad. The only thing about using tweezers to remove hair is that it can take some time. Only one hair is pulled out at a time. So if you have a lot of unwanted hair on your face, free up some time or pick another way to get rid of your hair.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.