If you are looking to upgrade the speakers in your old Ford Ranger, then you will need to know how to remove the front speakers of a '92 Ford Ranger. This process will be pretty much the same for trucks with the same body design. This is also a pretty simple maneuver if you have at least a little experience with activities of this sort, and if it is your first time, fear not!
You will need:
- A flat and Philips head screwdriver
- Wire cutters
- Needle nose pliers
- The first thing you need to do to start removing your front speakers from your '92 Ranger is to disconnect the battery. To do this, you need to find where the battery is connected to the truck under the hood. It should be on one of the sides near the top. The cables should pull out of the battery pretty easily if you use the pliers. Be sure to safely pull the wires out so as to not shock yourself. Now that you have pulled the battery, there is a greatly reduced chance of electric shock.
- Next, pop off the grill covering the front speakers of the '92 Ford Ranger. The flat head screwdriver will come in handy here to get between the door and the grill to take the speaker cover off. Be sure to put this grill in a safe place before moving on so you can avoid losing it.
- Unscrew the speaker from the door. It should be a Philips head screw but this could definitely vary. Be sure to put these screws in a safe place to keep with the old speakers from the '92 Ranger. Make sure you get all four of the screws from the front speaker in the '92 Ranger so you don’t have to return to this step.
- Pull the wires out of the front '92 Ford Ranger speaker. If the wires are old and deteriorated, they may be hard and possibly even impossible to pull out, this is where the wire cutters come in. If you have to clip the old wires, go ahead and do it, just be sure to get as close to the Ford Ranger Speaker as possible.
- Remove the front speaker of the '92 Ford Ranger from the slot in the door. Be sure you have clipped or removed all wires so it is as easy as possible to take out the speaker!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.