You may need to know how to remove fuel pump cut off relay in a Honda if the need arises. In order to regulate the current going from the battery to the electrical components, there needs to be an intermediary which controls the flow. In Hondas that intermediary is the main relay, which is also known as the fuel pump cut-off relay. If you Honda will not start or has difficulty starting when the engine is hot and been running for a while, the first place to look is the main relay/fuel cut-off relay. Over time the joints become dry and need to be re-soldiered to bring it back to life.
- Small wrench or socket wrench
- Soldiering iron
- Zip tie
- Flash light
- Possibly a new relay
- As you will be dealing with the electrical system on your Honda, it is important to take precautions to prevent any electrical shocks. With the handbrake applied, open the hood and remove the negative battery cable using a 13mm socket wrench or regular wrench and zip tie it out of the way of the terminal.
- Open the driver's door and take a look up and under the dashboard near to the door. Use the flash light to find the small brown box, which is the main relay/fuel cut-off relay. On some Hondas, you can slide the relay out of the holder although others need a Phillips screwdriver to remove the mounting screws.
- With the relay out, find a solid surface such as a work-bench. Heat up the soldiering iron and carefully melt the old soldier away from the joints. Allow the joint to cool before re-soldiering. Re-solider it neatly and refit the relay back to the mount. If you damage the relay in the process (which is quite easy to do), you will have to replace it with a new one.
- Refit the negative battery cable and start the engine, allow it to warm up to full temperature then switch it off and restart. In some cases, the relay might need soldiered again or replaced for a new one if the problem persists.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!