Knowing how to remove hard thick skin on feet is an important part of taking care of one's foot health. Our feet receive the brunt of the abuse that we put on our bodies on a daily basis. They support our weight, cushion the impact when we walk, jog or run and sweat it out in shoes that just may be ill-fitting or lacking in support. Is it any wonder that feet can develop hard thick skin that when left unattended can grow to be thick calluses or worse turn into foot ulcers? The good thing is that you can remove hard thick skin on feet easily, inexpensively and at home.
What you will need to remove hard thick skin on feet:
- A small dishpan or foot basin.
- Warm water.
- Epsom salt, oil or bath soap.
- A Pumice stone.
- A soft towel.
- Warm water for a foot soak. Fill a dishpan or foot basin with warm, soapy water. If you prefer, Epsom salts or essential oils can be used to soften your feet prior to removing hard thick skin.
- Soak both feet. Sit back with a magazine, game controller or just get a little rest and let both feet soak in the tub of water for at least five minutes.
- Moisten the pumice stone. Dip the pumice stone in your warm water.
- Gently scrub one foot at a time. Take the moistened pumice stone and gently scrub the hard thick skin on the bottom of your foot. Keep the other foot in the warm bath while you gently scrub in gentle circular motions to remove the thick skin.
- Wipe and rinse. Wipe off your foot with a wet cloth or dip in the foot soak to remove skin shavings.
- Towel dry. Dry your foot completely with a soft towel.
- Repeat. Repeat steps 3 to 6 with the remaining foot.
- Moisturize both feet and legs. Rub lotion completely over both feet, top and bottom, and up both legs.
- Never use a blade or other cutting device to remove hard thick skin on feet.
- Diabetics should use caution when using a Pumice stone on their feet and should seek instruction from their podiatrist.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.