Learn about how to remove henna tattoos for when their time has come and gone. Mehndi is the application of henna stain to decorate the skin. In India many brides get henna applications for their weddings. Henna tattoos are a stain that gives delicate, natural looking temporary tattoos. Henna is a plant, and the leaves are used to make a paste that colors the skin brown. Because henna tattoos are not permanent, they are not really tattoos but are temporary, lasting about two weeks if left alone after they are applied.
To remove henna tattoos, you will need:
- Exfoliating cream
- Skin brush and wash cloth
- Chloride bleach water
- Salt water
- Let time do its thing. To remove henna tattoos naturally, let time take its natural course. Many henna stains will fade after about two weeks. How long it takes for henna stain to fade will depend on where the henna tattoo is on the body and the strength of the henna stain. Normal activities like bathing, washing the car, and washing dishes help remove henna tattoos.
- Use an exfoliating cream. If you need to remove henna tattoos faster, use an exfoliating cream and a gentle brush or wash cloth. Scrub the henna tattoo gently using the cream. The exfoliating cream will help remove the top layer of skin and with it some of the henna stain.
- Swim in a chlorinated pool. The effects of chlorine bleach on henna tattoos will speed up removing them by bleaching the skin. This is probably the safest way to use bleach to remove henna tattoos because the levels of chlorine in a pool are generally safe. A stronger dilution of bleach may damage the skin.
- Soak the henna tattoo in salt water. The effects of salt water on henna tattoos promote removal of the henna stain. The abrasive features of salt can be used along with a gentle skin brush or wash cloth to scrub the area with the henna tattoo.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.