Ink stains on a favorite shirt are nothing to cry over, since you can easily know how to remove ink stains from cotton. Cotton t,-shirts are very absorbent, so when anything is spilled on them, it can be difficult to get out. Honestly, ink can be one of the worst things that can be spilled on you; it is permanent and hard to get out of most materials.
You will need:
- Hairspray in an aerosol can
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton balls
- Towel in a darker color
- The sooner you get to the ink stain, the easier it is to get out. If you let the ink dry into the cotton shirt, it can be a lot harder to remove. Take the shirt off and lay it on a hard surface; A table or an ironing board can work for this.
- Place the towel inside the cotton shirt. Make sure to fold the towel enough so that the other side of the shirt will not get wet. There is a chance the towel will get some ink on it, so use a dark colored towel.
- Spray the hairspray directly onto the stain. The ink stain should be completely saturated. Now take the cotton balls and start to dab the stain. Do not rub on the stain, this can spread the stain and make it worse.
- If the stain is still on the shirt, moisten a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and blot the stain. Repeat with the rubbing alcohol until the stain is mostly lifted. Launder the shirt as normal. If the stain still persists, do not put the shirt in the dryer. Very persistent stains or ones that have survived the washing machine and dryer will need to be cleaned with a commercial product.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …