An ink stain on your new shirt, doesn't mean you have to throw it away; learn how to remove ink stains with hair spray and save your clothing. Hair spray is very effective in removing hair spray from cotton, polyester, and other common clothing materials. Follow the tips below to learn how to remove ink stains with hair spray.
- Materials needed to remove ink stains wit hair spray:
- Inexpensive aerosol hair spray
- Paper towels
- Running water
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton balls
- Prep for a stain transfer. The first step in learning how to remove ink stains with hair spray is to transfer as much of the stain off of the garment as possible. To do this, lay a clean paper towel on a flat surface. Lay the garment, stain down, onto the paper towel.
- Transfer the stain. Soak a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and press it against the back of the ink stain. If you lift up the garment, you'll see that much of the ink stain has transferred onto the paper towel. Move the clothing to a clean area of the paper towel and repeat the process again.
- Rinse. With the garment turned inside out, rinse the ink stain under full power cold water. The trick to learning how to remove ink stains with hair spray is to always work with the back of the stain facing you, as it will help to push out the ink, and not push it deeper into the fibers.
- Spray. The last step is to spray the area with hair spray. To do this, lay a clean paper towel on a flat surface and hold the garment against the towel. Then, hold the hair spray very close to the fabric and spray. To work effectively, you must use an aerosol hair spray.
- Check the stain. If done properly, you should now see that all the ink has transferred onto the towel and off your fabric. If any ink remains, repeat the process above.
- Launder. Now, launder your garment in the washing machine using hot water and your regular laundry detergent.
When using these tips, remember that in order to effectively remove the stain you must act quickly. As soon as you notice the ink, begin using the tips listed above.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.