Knowing how to remove iPhone battery will take some time, but in the end, you won't have to pay a ridiculous amount of money by sending it to the manufacturer. It's going to seem like you're trying to diffuse a device, but with a little effort on your part, you will be able to remove the iPhone battery. There are three different generations of iPhones, but all batteries can be removed if you follow the steps.
The items you will need:
- Needle or paper clip
- Flat head screwdriver
- Micro Phillip screwdriver
- X-Acto knife
- You will need to take out the sim card. The sim card is located at the top of the iPhone. You will see a tiny hole; insert a needle or paper clip into the hole to release the sim card. The sim card should eject, then place it to the side.
- Remove the bottom casing in the back of your iPhone with a fine flathead screwdriver. Insert it in the opening and leverage it up. Work on both sides of the iPhone to leverage the casing out as to not damage the area.
- Take a micro Phillip screwdriver and unscrew the three screws. Set the tiny screws in a safe place where it won't get lost.
- Take out the aluminum casing at the back of the iPhone. This will be time consuming; you will need a thin piece of metal, something that doesn't bend. Slide the metal to the far right or left side of the iPhone and it should be underneath the aluminum casing. Use your flathead screwdriver to create leverage. Carefully lift the aluminum casing until the side of it slightly opens. Take another tool to apply it to the side and leverage it out. The casing should pop where you can use your hands to open it up.
- Do not force the casing out. It's connected to a ribbon; it can easily be removed by using your nail and pulling the ribbon out.
- You should now be able to see the battery. The battery is connected to iPhone's motherboard. You will need to use your X-Acto knife to remove the excess glue on the three wires.
- Use you solder to remove the wires. Start from the black wire and work your way to the end. Use tweezers to keep the wire steady so it won't touch any of wiring of the iPhone's motherboard. When all three wires from the battery has been soldered off, you can then remove it from the iPhone.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…