How To Remove A Link From A Fossil Watch
Need to know how to remove a link from a fossil watch? This can be done with in home tools and completed in no time. Watches are often given as gifts and sometimes they can be too big or not even enough links to fit around the wrist. These five steps will reassure you of your trouble and put that brand new watch you've had put up back on your wrist. The makers of fossil's method of keeping their watches and bracelets together is using pins and screws.
To Remove Links From Your Fossil Watch you will need.
- Pin Pushers
- Watch Makers or tack hammer
- Bracelet holder
- Watch makers screw driver
- Know how many screws or pins there are. The makers of fossil may use one or two-piece screws. Make sure that all drivers line up with the same form of the screwdriver so that the screw heads will not become warped. Point the bracelet in a downward type position, so that way the pins are easier to remove.
- Unscrew screws or pins from first end of the link. Take a screwdriver and unscrew each screw until each screw is loose and able to easily pull out. You will need to unscrew both sides of a two sided screw. Use the pin pusher to carefully push the pins out of the hole until loose and able to pull out.
- Remove screws or pins from second end of link. Remove the second end of the link the same way as the first. Use a screwdriver to remove screws to the ends until they are free from the hole and now un attached. Push the pins out of the hole of the other side with the pin pusher. Put one pin in the holes so that they don't get misplaced, you may need to use it for another occasion as such.
- Take apart the two ends of the bracelet. Match up the links to be put back together. Gently place the screw pieces back into the original slots, use the screwdriver to screw the pieces into place. Now take the bracelet which was once pointed downward and turn it face up. Pins should go against the arrows. Line up holes in the two links, Push the pins down into the hole, hammer gently.
- Put Away Removed Links. Take the screws that you took out of the watch an place them into the removed links incase its needed for a later time.
These quick and easy steps can save so much time and money. The fossil watch that you have always dreamed of one day fitting is only 5 Steps away.