need to know how do you remove links from a Seiko watch bracelet? Well there are two types of attachments which are most used to attach links on watches, pins and screws. Seiko generally uses pins to put the links on their bands, or bracelets as many call them. This is the method discussed here. One thing to remember, if you are removing more than one link from a Seiko band, try to remove them from both sides of the case evenly so that the watch and clasp center on the inside and outside of the wrist correctly.
To remove links from a Seiko watch you will need:
- Pin pushers
- Watch makers or tack hammer
- Bracelet holder
- Correctly position the bracelet in the bracelet holder. There will be little arrows on the back of the links. The arrows should point downward into the bracelet holder as this shows the direction the pin should be moved in.
- Select correct tools. Select the correct sized pin pusher. It should be almost exactly the same size as the pin, and not larger to the same holes as the pin to push it through.
- Remove pin. Use the pin pusher and hammer to gently tap the pin out of the hole until it is loose enough to pull out.
- Remove pin from the other side of the link. Use the pin pusher and hammer on the pin on the other side of the link to be removed. Tap gently until the pin falls free. The link is now free of the bracelet. The next step is to put the two ends of the bracelet back together.
- Flip watch band in the bracelet holder. The Seiko watch bracelet is held together with pins so the watch bracelet will need to be flipped over in the holder so that the arrows point upwards. This is to put the pin back in the correct manner.
- Attach the two links together. Line up the holes in the two links to be attached to put the watch band back together. Slip the pin down into the holes as far as possible. Use the hammer to gently tap the pin down into the links until it is flush.
You have just successfully removed a link from your Seiko watch, enjoy it. Remember to save the links and pins you remove as one day you may wish to put the link back or give them to another owner of the watch.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …