How To Remove Lint Balls From Socks
Not knowing how to remove lint balls from socks can make it a painstaking task, especially if you are in a hurry. It is best to keep a lint roller nearby to quickly remove lint balls. If you misplace things often, keeping one in your car can be quite helpful.
There are two types of lint rollers: The type with adhesive tape, and the cloth material type. When using the tape roller to remove lint from socks:
Peel off the previously used portion and run it across your socks until the lint balls come off. There is really no trick to using an adhesive roller, as it will remove lint from any direction.
- Remove and dispose of the adhesive sheet the next time you use the roller. Removing it when you finish each time will allow it to collect loose debris and would still require removal before using.
The cloth lint ball remover is a bit different.
- Rub the sock against the grain of the roller. This means that when you touch the material roller, you want it to feel rough.
- Brush the rough area against your socks to remove lint balls.
- Use your fingernails to scrape the lint off the material and set it aside.
If a lint roller is not available, try using duct or masking tape instead.
- Press it against your socks and pull it off to remove lint balls from your socks. Be careful to not press it too firmly as it might remove some of the sock, especially if the sock is worn.
- Once the tape is full of lint, cut the used portion off and dispose.
If you are looking for a more permanent resolution to remove lint balls from socks, electric lint ball removers are also available. They usually require a nearby plug or a set of batteries.
- Plug the lint remover in or place the batteries aside and turn it on.
- Run it across the surface of your sock to remove lint balls.
- Empty the chamber of the lint remover to dispose.