Need to know how to remove a motorcycle seat? Motorcycle seat removal is relatively easy. A new motorcycle seat may take you mere moments to remove. On the other hand, a motorcycle seat on an old bike can take you a good amount of time to remove. It all depends on the bike, and often on the age of the bike.
To remove a motorcycle seat, you will need:
- A socket set
- Leather work gloves
- Set your motorcycle up on the kickstand. Check to see if it has a key lock on the seat. If so, unlock this key lock and slide the motorcycle seat off the motorcycle. This is one of the simpler ways to remove a motorcycle seat from a newer motorcycle. If your motorcycle does not have a key lock on the seat, you will have to try the next step.
- Turn the key of your motorcycle to the on position. Do not press down on the key because this will prevent the seat from unlocking. You will not be able to get the seat off the bike if you push the key down. While you are turning the key to the on position, pull the seat off the motorcycle. This is another easy way to remove the seat from your motorcycle.
- The key will unlock the locking mechanism on your bike, and you will be able to slide the seat off your bike. This works with modern Yamaha bikes. It also works with an assortment of other newer bikes. The unlocking mechanism depends on the motorcycle brand. It also depends on what kind of locking mechanism the manufacturer put on that particular bike.
- Many older motorcycles do not have unlocking mechanisms on the seat. These motorcycles seats will take more work to remove. Many motorcycles have bolts underneath the seat holding them on.
- Put on your leather work gloves. Take your wrench and take off the bolts that hold your seat on your motorcycle. You may have to use a socket set to reach the bolts. You may have to take off parts of your motorcycle before you can get the seat off. Once you have removed the bolts, lift the seat off your motorcycle.
- Some older motorcycles may also have levers on either side of the seat that you will have to pull to remove the seat. There may be a combination of the lever and the bolts that have to be removed before you can take the seat off the bike. It all depends on what type of motorcycle you have.
- You have now removed the seat from your motorcycle. If you have a newer motorcycle, seat removal will likely be easier for you. If you have an old motorcycle, the seat may have been more work, but it is not as hard as you may have thought it would be.
If you have an older (no name) motorcycle, expect the seat removal to be more work. All motorcycles are built slightly differently; seat removal differs between bikes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."