How To Remove MSN Messenger Virus
If you use MSN messenger, you need to learn how to remove MSN messenger viruses if need be. If you are not protected by a firewall or anti-virus software, your computer may get an MSN messenger virus or may already have it. If you do have the virus, you more than likely got it from someone on your contact list unbeknownst to them. This guide will show you how to remove the MSN messenger virus.
Things you'll need:
- Anti-virus software
- Anti-spyware software
- Exit out of MSN messenger if you have it running. You'll risk sending the virus to your friends.
- Click on the "Start" button, then click "Run." In the text field type "msconfig."
- Click on the "Startup" tab. Look through the list and find a file with the name "xxxsvc.exe." Uncheck this file by clicking in the box next to it. Make sure the check mark is gone.
- Restart your computer. The MSN messenger virus should be gone from your system.
- Update and run an anti-virus scan. If you do not have an anti-virus program on your computer, get one as soon as possible. Just do a simple search on your favorite search engine to find a free, reliable anti-virus scan.
- Run any spyware scans. If you do not have spyware software on your computer, you need to get one. There are many free anti-spyware software programs on the internet that do a good job of removing any spyware you may have.
Now that you have learned how to remove the MSN messenger virus, your computer should be running much better. In the future, be careful if someone sends you a file through MSN messenger. Be sure you know the file is okay before you open it. The sender may not know they have sent you a virus, so it’s a good idea to always double check.