How To Remove My iPhone Battery
Wondering how to remove my iPhone battery? If your apple iPhone battery is damaged or no longer charges you will need to remove and replace the battery. Follow the steps to carefully remove the iPhone's battery without damaging the actual phone.
The items you need:
- Suction cup or a case opener tool
- Paper clip
- Philip screwdriver
- Before beginning turn off your iPhone to reduce the risk of shocking yourself. Once you've purchased the appropriate tools, take either a paper clip or a sim card remover and insert it at the top of the iPhone. There will be a hole that only a small object can be inserted. The sim card will slide out.
- Take your small Philip screwdriver and remove the two screws at the bottom of the iPhone. Set the screws aside so you won't misplace them.
There are two ways to remove the front case of your apple iPhone.
- The easiest way to open the front case is to use a suction cup. Any small size plastic suction cup will do the job. Place the device near the part where the home button is at. Lift with some force; do not take apart the front case, there is a ribbon cable that's attached to the LCD screen to your iPhone.
- Use the case opener tool and insert it at the sides of the iPhone. Work your way around the iPhone to loosen the front case.
Lift the front case upwards. There will be numbered ribbon cables.
- As you lift the front case, ribbon cable one will detach. Use the Philip screwdriver to lift the tab to ribbon cable number two. Underneath the second ribbon cable will be ribbon cable number three, use your finger to lift the tab. The LCD screen (front case) will separate from the iPhone.
- Remove the numbered ribbon cables four, five, and six in chronological order. Use your Philip screwdriver if your having trouble lifting up the tabs.
- Use your Philip screwdriver to remove seven screws around a metal frame. There will be one screw underneath a sticker saying, “Do Not Remove”. Once you remove this sticker it will void your warranty.
- Lift the metal frame to the right. There is a ribbon cable that attaches to the camera. Use the Philip screwdriver to remove the ribbon cable. Place the motherboard to the side.
- The battery should now be exposed. The battery to your iPhone is stuck with some adhesive tape at the bottom. On top of the battery is a plastic tab. Use your pliers and have a firm grip on the tab. Remove the battery to your iPhone by applying some force. Now you've removed the iPhone battery, you can replace it if you so choose too.