How To Remove Odor From Tennis Shoes
Stinky tennis shoes are a common problem, so you may be interested in learning how to remove odor from tennis shoes. Because people sweat in their tennis shoes, the bacteria generated can cause unpleasant smells. People who have stinky feet by nature will likely have this problem with all of their shoes. Let’s start by discussing the control of foot odor itself.
- Foot odor is caused by bacteria. Therefore, use of an antibacterial spray on the feet can often be a helpful first step to removing odor from your tennis shoes. Anti-fungal foot powder and also baby powder or corn starch should be applied to the feet in order to control foot odor. Obviously, the more time your feet spend in wet or sweaty shoes, the more likely you are to develop bacteria and foot fungus. To remove odor from tennis shoes, you should minimize the amount of time your feet are in a moist environment, and treat your feet to make sure all fungus and bacteria are eliminated.
- Now, let’s turn to removing odor from your tennis shoes once it’s already in there. First of all, you should let your shoes air out and completely dry. You may want to do this outside. You can use fabric refresher, which you can purchase in stores, to spray the shoes inside and out. Only spray the outside of the shoes if they are cotton canvas. Do not spray leather shoes. Next, let the tennis shoes dry completely overnight.
- An antibacterial spray can also be sprayed inside the tennis shoes. This is what bowling alleys do to keep their shoes scent-proof. Remember to let the tennis shoes dry all the way, because wet shoes contribute to the stinky smell.
- Canvas tennis shoes can be washed in the washing machine, but don’t do this with leather ones. You simply put the sneakers into the washing machine with a bit of detergent and wash. After they are washed, let them air dry.
- If you can’t wash the tennis shoes, try using baking soda. Try putting some baking soda in a satchel that will allow the baking soda to do its job without getting all over the place. A satchel is placed in each shoe any time they are not being worn. Additionally, some people use cat litter in satchels to remove odor from tennis shoes.
Keeping your feet healthy and letting your tennis shoes dry out will help keep odors at bay. In addition, treating your tennis shoes periodically with fabric refresher or baking soda will help to remove odor from your tennis shoes. If your shoes are fabric, such as cotton or canvas, they can most likely be washed in a washing machine. By using these methods, you can remove odor from tennis shoes and keep your tennis shoes smelling fresh.