You want to know how to remove oil stains from your granite countertop. Stains in your granite countertop look horrible and you want to get rid of them. Your granite countertop was expensive, you do not want to replace it, and the stains look horrible. Removing oil stains from granite is not as hard as you may have thought it was.
Things You Will Need
- Talc powder
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Putty knife
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Cleaning cloths
To Remove Oil Stains From Granite:
- Mix the talc powder and hydrogen peroxide together. You can replace the talc powder with flour, but talc powder works better. You will need to use two tablespoons of hydrogen Peroxide and about a cup of talc powder. Mix the hydrogen peroxide and talc powder in a mixing bowl with a putty knife. You want the consistency of the mixture to be like a thick paste.
- Once the ingredients are mixed, take your putty knife and apply the mixture to the oil stain on your granite countertop. Make sure you only put the mixture on the stain.
- Take plastic wrap and (place it over the mixture), tape it down to your granite countertop. You will keep the plastic wrap taped to your countertop for at least twenty-four hours. Sometimes, longer is better. Give the mixture plenty of time to pull the oil stain out of your granite countertop.
- After twenty-four hours have elapsed, remove the plastic wrap from your granite countertop. Let the mixture dry on to your granite countertop.
- When the mixture is completely dry, scrape it off with the putty knife. Clean the remaining mixture off your granite countertops with a clean soft cotton rag.
- Clean the counter as you would normally clean it. Look and see if your oil stain is gone. If it is not completely gone, you will have to go through the process all over again.
- Do this process over again until the oil stain is gone. It may take one cleaning or three cleanings to remove the oil stain. Once you have removed the oil stain from our granite countertop, you will be happy, and you will have saved yourself a whole lot of money.
- Granite countertops are expensive. Make sure you are careful with what you use on your countertops
- Use the cleaning mixture only on the affected area
- Use clean soft cloths to clean your countertop
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …