If you're going to wear anything suede, you need to know how to remove oil stains from suede. Suede is a notoriously difficult fabric to clean. If you let a stain sit for too long, it may become permanent and ruin your suede forever. If you try to remove oil stains from suede and do it wrong, you can discolor or damage the texture of your suede. The bottom line is, it is really easy to ruin something made of suede. When you want to remove oil stains from suede you have two options: you can opt for some expensive dry cleaning services or remove oil stains from suede on your own. Despite being a delicate fabric, you can remove oil stains from suede with a sprinkle of cornmeal or talcum powder. A small sprinkle and a few hours is all it takes to remove oil stains from suede and make it as good as new.
Things you will need to remove oils stains from suede:
- Cornmeal or talcum powder
- Clean paper towel
- Blot the stain with a clean paper towel. Blotting oil stains on suede as soon as they happen will absorb the extra liquid and make it easier to remove oil stains from suede.
- Sprinkle cornstarch or talcum powder onto the stain. The cornstarch will soak up the oil particles in the stain. The more oil you can soak up the easier it is to remove oil stains from suede. You don't have to use a lot of talcum powder, just enough to cover the stain.
- Let the talcum powder sit on the stain for about an hour. The longer the powder sits on the oil stain, the more oil particles it can absorb. The more oil that is absorbed the faster you can remove oil stains from suede.
- After an hour, brush the cornmeal off of the stain. After you remove the powder, make sure the stain is gone. If you still see traces of the stain, sprinkle some more cornmeal on the stain and let it sit for another hour. Keep repeating the process until the oil stains on your suede are gone.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...