Wondering how to remove paint from clothes? Whether you need to remove paint from clothes because you were painting a room or a portrait, the basic process is the same. Gather a few supplies, grab the paint stained fabric and head to the sink to restore your clothes. Never put items with paint stains in the washer or dryer if you want to remove paint from clothes. The heat will permanently set the stain and you won't be able to remove it.
- Can of aerosol old-lady style hairspray, the cheaper the better.
- Scrub brush
- Scissors (optional, worst case scenario)
- Try to peel the paint off of the fabric. Some paints are more flexible than others, and you may be able to remove paint from the clothes by peeling it up and away from the fabric.
- Spray the paint with a blast of hair spray until it is totally soaked.
- Wait about an hour and then brush the stained area.
- Soak the paint stained clothing in water for an hour then check.
- If you are able to remove the paint from the clothes, then you can place the items in the laundry as usual. If you can't remove the paint, you can try the above steps a few times.
- If all else fails and the paint won't come off, grab a pair of scissors and start cutting. Cotton clothing like t-shirts make great washing and polishing cloths for cars and motorcycles.
- Keep in mind that even if you remove the actual paint, the dyes used to tint the paint may leave a stain on your clothing. Reds, purples and blues are more likely to leave color behind, no matter how many times you clean them .
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …