Need to know how to remove a password from a BlackBerry 8800? Sometimes you get to a point where you have too much in your brain to even remember what your passwords were, and if you manage to forget the password associated with your BlackBerry, you may need to remove the password from your BlackBerry 8800. Removing the password isn't as straightforward as you would think, though, for various reasons, most of which have to do with your privacy and protection. Nobody wants it to be easy to remove a password from something until they have to do it for a legitimate reason.
- To remove your password, first install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager using BlackBerry's internet service. You want to make sure it is the Desktop Manager you are installing and not the Enterprise Server. if there is any doubt, uninstall and reinstall the product.
- Download "policy.bin" and save it to the installation directory of your BlackBerry. This should be under C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry.
- Wipe your BlackBerry 8800 entirely, and create a backup if necessary before you do. This should be under "Options," then "Security," and "Wipe" on your BlackBerry device. Sometimes the option may not be available if you are working with older software, so after your backup make sure to install the newest updates and check again.
- From the start menu, select "Run." Type in "regedit," then navigate to HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager. Right click on the Policy Manager folder and select New/String Value. Name the value "Path," then select the Path Subkey and set the value data to C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin.
- Now open the desktop manager. Connect the device. Your old passwords should be removed and your BlackBerry should be as good as new!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.