- How To Remove A Password From A Blackberry 8800
- How To Text On A BlackBerry Storm
- How To Get Keys Unlocked On The BlackBerry Pearl
- How To Get Backgrounds For The Blackberry Storm
- How To Open Ringtone Media Studio Files On BlackBerry
- How To Enable Java On A Blackberry 8320
- How To Remove The Screen Of A Blackberry Curve
How To Remove Password Protection On Blackberry 8700
Need to know how to remove password protection from the BlackBerry 8700? Password protection is a great feature on the BlackBerry, but it could interfere with some of your everyday desires. It could be nerve-wracking to not know how to remove or disable this feature when you no longer have a need for it. Do not fret though, because there is an effective way to remove password protection from the BlackBerry 8700.
- Ensure that you have the latest desktop manager installed. You will be working through the desktop manager to remove the password protection from the BlackBerry 8700. If you do not have the desktop manager disc, then you could download the software from the BlackBerry website for free. It is important that you have the desktop manager. Without it, you will not be able to remove password protection from your BlackBerry 8700.
- Make sure that the desktop manager is closed. Search your PC for this location: HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager. If you have the desktop manager installed, then this location will show up.
- Set the value on your PC. You would set the value by clicking on the "Policy Manager" folder, then to "New string value input." Once you get to the point of entering a value, then input this location: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin.
- Startup the desktop manager and sync to the BlackBerry. Once the desktop manager is set up, connect the BlackBerry using the USB cable. If your BlackBerry 8700 does not auto sync, then manually sync it from the desktop manager. Once you are done, then all BlackBerry 8700 passwords should be removed.
Posted on: Jun. 17, 2010