You have taken the old treadmill apart, but you are not sure how to remove the pulley from the motor. While the process of removing the pulley from a treadmill motor is different for each model, the goal is to get the pulley off without damaging the belt, the motor or the pulley in most cases.
Gather the following tools. Odds are you will not need all of them.
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Remove the covering for the treadmill. Different treadmill models make giving exact instructions on how to remove a pulley from a treadmill motor difficult. Consult the owners manual for your model if you need additional help.
- Make sure that you have enough space around the pulley to work. Removing the pulley from the treadmill’s motor is an easy process. The small size of many electric motors makes them difficult to work with
- Carefully pull the pulley off of the motor. You may need to pry off or unscrew the pulley from the motor. Look to see how the pulley wheel was attached to the treadmill motor.
- Take out a screwdriver or a pair of pliers pliers and pull the wheel off of its axle. When you take the pulley off of the treadmill motor, you can make repairs to the motor or use it for other projects. Replace the pulley and put the treadmill motor back into its housing.
- Replace the belt and put the treadmill back together. Try not to have any screws left over at the end of the project.
- Turn the treadmill back on. See if machine works, if repairing it was your goal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?