If you are prone to getting facial rashes, you can learn how to help remove a rash from the face. Rashes can occur for many reasons. They can especially be irritating on the face; getting close to the eyes, trailing into the nose, and forming around the mouth. They can be irritating; itchy, red and even form bumps. Rashes on the face can develop due to a number of reasons, especially a reaction to an outside source; such as a medication, make-up, a reaction to a food, heat rash, a bug bite, or a medical condition such as eczema. If a rash develops on the face, there are ways to help reduce and remove the rash.
Removing facial skin rashes requires good hygiene along with proper skin treatments.
- Wash your face often – Use a mild soap to wash with and pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Do not let your face get hot and sweaty.
- Avoid using make-up – Make-up can irritate the skin as well as not allow your skin to breathe. You can also contaminate your make-up brushes and reinfect the area.
- Use a cortisone based cream – This will help to reduce redness and inflammation.
- Benadryl – Benadryl can help to counteract an allergic reaction, if the rash is being caused by an allergy to an outside source.
- Antibiotics – In certain cases, such as rashes caused by rosacea, you may need an antibiotic.
- Ultraviolet Rays – For Psoriasis, many times ultraviolet rays are used to treat the skin condition.
Getting rid of a rash on your face takes the right treatment and diligence. It may even take a combination of treatments. Following your doctors orders can help to speed the recovery as well.