- How To Fix A Car Window That Won't Roll Down
- How To Replace Starter On A Toyota Echo
- How To Replace Water Pump
- How To Replace Fuel Filter For 2000 Lexus Ls400
- How To Install A Drive Belt For Toyota Camry 2003
- How To Change A Ball Joint On Honda Accord 1999
- How To Replace Brake Pads On A 1999 Land Rover
How To Remove Rotor On Honda Accord 2005
Maybe your rotors have gone bad on your Honda, so you need to know how to remove a rotor on a Honda Accord from 2005. Rotors help to assist with braking on your car. With regular wear and tear, eventually your rotors will wear down and must be replaced. Without good working rotors your car brakes will not function properly, and this can be very dangerous. Removing the rotors yourself on your 2005 Honda Accord can save you a lot of money and does not take much time to do.
To remove the rotors on a 2005 Honda Accord, you will need:
- A jack and jack stands
- A lug wrench
- A wrench set
- A socket and ratchet set
- Mechanic's wire
- Jack up your 2005 Honda Accord. Use a jack to raise your car up and use jack stands to help support the weight of the car.
- Remove the wheel. Remove the lug nuts and bolts from one tire and then remove the wheel from your car.
- Take off the caliper. Undo the mounting bolts from the caliper. Take off the caliper assembly by sliding it from the old rotor. To keep the caliper in a safe place, hang it under the car's undercarriage with mechanic's wire. This will also allow easy access to replace the caliper.
- Remove the old rotor. Remove the screws from the rotor of your 2005 Honda Accord. Carefully pull the old rotor off. If necessary, clean the surrounding area with a damp rag. Repeat this process to replace the other rotors.
- Install the new rotor. Reverse the steps above to install the new rotors on your 2005 Honda Accord.
Posted on: Jul. 27, 2010