How To Remove Rust From Car
Have you discovered a minor rust spot on your automobile and need to know how to remove rust from cars? The present state of our economy has made it necessary for most of us to find alternate ways to handle just about everything, even removing rust. Rather than seeking the help of expensive paint and body shops, we try to handle minor issues ourselves. To remove rust from your car, you can try some of the products found at your local automotive supply stores. However, depending on the severity of the rust, you may need to perform a little more thorough job.
You will need the following items:
- paint tarp
- painters tape
- sanding wheel
- rust acid compound
- Cover the entire area surrounding the rust with paint tarp to guarantee any paint used on the corroded area will not get on the remaining area of the car.
- Cover the area surrounding the rust with painters tape.
- Use the sanding wheel and scrape away all the rust from the car.
- Use the sandpaper and sand the area guaranteeing all the rust has been removed and the area is completely smooth.
- Dust off all the remaining rust along with any sandy particles remaining.
- When the area is completely clean and free of rust particles or deposits, take a cloth and clean the area with water.
- Apply the rust acid compound.
- Allow the compound to dry.
- After the compound has dried, paint the area with a rust resistant paint in the same color.