Using materials you have around the house, you can learn how to remove rust from many types of surfaces. Remove rust from concrete, metal, stainless steel, and more, using the simple techniques listed below. Don't spend a lot of money on expensive rust removers when you can learn how to remove rust using everyday items you already have.
To remove rust, you will need the following materials (These materials should not combined unless otherwise noted. Each surface will need to be cleaned with a separate item):
- Car wax
- White distilled vinegar
- Lighter fluid
- Baking soda
- Scouring powder (Comet, etc.)
- Wire brush
- Soft cloth
- How to remove rust rings from countertops. If someone has set a metal can on top of your countertop and it has left a nasty rust ring, you can remove the rust with car wax. Simply wipe the area with a wet cloth and then generously apply the car wax. Buff with a soft cloth and wipe clean. The rust will be completely gone.
- How to remove rust from stainless steel. Stainless steel can be a tricky surface to clean. However, you can get rust off of it with lighter fluid. Simply pour a little lighter fluid on a rag and rub directly on the rust marks. Then, wet a sponge with cool water and sprinkle with scouring powder. Scrub the area with the sponge and then rinse thoroughly.
- How to remove rust from concrete. Begin by pouring white vinegar on the rust stain. Cover the vinegar puddle with baking soda, and let it set between 15 – 20 minutes. Use an old mop to thoroughly wipe the area down and then spray with a garden hose. The rust will be completely gone.
- How to remove rust from metal. Mix together water and baking soda so that the mixture is the consistency of paste. Apply the paste directly to the rust spots and let it set for 30 minutes. The rust should come off fairly easily by rubbing with a wire brush.
As you can see, there are many materials you can use to effectively remove rust from all types of surfaces. White distilled vinegar and baking soda work very well in rust removal, and they are both chemical-free substances that won't harm the environment or emit dangerous toxins.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.